Sign up for my E-Newsletter

Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm so Excited!!!

Well, summer is now in full swing and I hope that everyone had a fantastic Fourth of July!  There has been so much going on in my life over the past few weeks and I really want to share the most exciting news with my readers. 

Last week I became Certified SDU (Scrapbook Design & You) Instructor and was assigned to teach at the Colorado Springs area Michael's stores!  I met with the managers of each store today and I have to tell you that the excitement among all of us is absolutely contagious.  Each of my meetings was spent brainstorming and planning for our first round of classes which will begin in August.  As many of you know, it's been quite some time since Michael's offered papercrafting classes so we are all very anxious to get started.
If you are not familiar with SDU please follow the link in the sidebar and check it out.  The wonderful thing about the SDU course is that whether you are new to scrapbooking or have been cropping for years you will benefit from this class.  We cover everything from preserving and organizing your photos to adding those special touches to really personalize your pages and create a lasting memory.

As part of our big kick-off for the classes I will be on hand at our North Academy store during our monthly Friday Night Crop on July 30th.  This crop will be held from 1pm - 8pm and is completely FREE but you do need to contact the store to sign up.  I will be on hand to talk about the SDU class as well as offer scrapbooking tips between 5:30pm and 7:30pm.  We will also be registering students for classes that evening so please join us for fun, refreshments and of course, scrapbooking!

My class schedule for August is as follows:

North Academy Michael's - Wednesday nights from August 11th through September 1st 6pm-8pm
Power's & S. Carefree Michael's - Thursday nights from August 19th through September 9th 6pm-8pm
Southgate Michael's - TBD

I will be scheduling store demonstrations in the coming weeks and will announce them as soon as we have dates confirmed.  I do hope that you can join us on July 30th for some FREE crop time!  See you in the classroom!!!

In the meantime - Happy Scrapping!
Kinsey

No comments:

Post a Comment